CHICKEN TIKKA are chicken pieces marinated in yoghurt and a blend of spices, skewered and cooked in an oven or tandoor.
- Boneless chicken 800 gms.
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp.
- Red chilly powder (kashmiri ) 1 tsp.
- Red orange color (optional)Few
- Curd/Yogurt 300 gms.
- Garlic paste 2 tbsp.
- Ginger paste 2 tbsp.
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp.
- Cumin powder ½ tsp.
- Butter For basting
- Salt To taste
- Cut chicken into small cubes, wash nicely and apply lemon juice and salt to it and leave it.
- Whisk Curd/Yogurt in a bowl add remaining all the ingredients except butter. Mix well and then keep the chicken pieces in this marinate for about 3 – 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Put the chicken on to skewers and cook in moderately hot tandoor for about 6 to 8 minutes, baste the chicken pieces with butter and again put in to tandoor and until slightly colored and cooked.
- Remove and serve hot sprinkled with chaat masala.